The PS5 continues to be one of the most popular consoles at the moment. However, some users have experienced a problem where the console randomly turns off. While this problem is not as pervasive as it was at launch, it still exists and has been a persistent issue for many users. Fortunately, there are fixes and solutions available that you can try to resolve the problem.
Here are the steps you can take to fix a PS5 that keeps turning off:
1. Check for the latest firmware: Ensure that your PS5 has the latest firmware. Go to the console’s system settings and confirm that it’s updated. We recommend having it automatically updated, unless there’s a reason why you want to use the console in an earlier build.
2. Turn off HDMI Device Link: When enabled, HDMI Device Link will pair the power state of your PS5 with your TV. This could be a reason why your PS5 is shutting off.
3. Turn off rest mode or sleep mode: Sometimes the PS5 can turn off when it’s in sleep mode. If you see this happening, you can turn off sleep mode altogether under the Energy saving options in the settings.
4. Check the power cord: Check if the power cord is damaged and working correctly. The power cord is an IEC C7, the same one used by both the PS3 and PS4. If you have one of these on hand, you can swap the power cable to see if it fixes the problem. If not, try a different wall outlet or power strip to ensure you have the correct wattage input.
5. Check for overheating: If the PS5 feels too hot by touch, you may have a problem with overheating. Wait for the console to cool down and slide off the console’s faceplate to clear the vents of dust. You can clean the vents easily with the proper vacuum attachment. If you’re willing to go further, you can also clean the fan blades with canned air or a dry cloth without voiding your warranty.
In case you need more information, here is how to fix stick drift in the PS5 DualSense controller and the “suspending game in 15 minutes” error.
If your PS5 continues to shut down even after trying these fixes, you may want to consider contacting Sony’s support team.
In conclusion, the PS5 turning off randomly has been a persistent issue with the console. However, these fixes and solutions can help take care of the problem, allowing you to fully enjoy your gaming experience.
According to https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/why-does-ps5-keep-turning-194811569.html
The material in this article is written on the basis of another article.