A new update has gone live today for Horizon Forbidden West DLC Burning Shores, bringing the overall package up to version number 1.024. It’s available to download now on PS5 and weighs in at 1.092GB.
The patch addresses a long list of bugs related to the main quest, side missions, and open world activities, most notably fixing the issues players have had with Aerial Capture: North. Elsewhere, the entire PS5 experience has had another pass that works to eliminate frame rate drops, crashes, and improve the visuals and audio.
Guerrilla Games is asking users to continue submitting problems via its support form, indicating more updates will follow. There’s not a whole let else to highlight in update 1.24, so get the full list of patch notes below:
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Update 1.24 Patch Notes
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Main Quests
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where creating a save at the campfire during the “Climb Up the Tower” objective and then loading that save would lead to a progression blocker, as Seyka would block the climbing path.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where the time of day could become stuck after fast traveling away from the tower.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where very rarely Seyka would disappear after the boss fight at the tower, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “Heaven and Earth” where during the “Kill the Clamberjaws” objective one of the Clamberjaws could get stuck outside of the player’s reach, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “Heaven and Earth” where backtracking through the quest could result in progression blockers.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “The Stars in Their Eyes” where players would be able to get stuck in invisible walls.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “For His Amusement” where creating a quick save and loading it during the “Investigate the Armory” objective would cause the Storage Device to not be interactable, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “For His Amusement” where players would be able to get into the volcano before opening the door, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “His Final Act” where players could get stuck outside of the combat area during the Horus fight by clipping through the tentacles.
- Side Quests
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “In His Wake” where restarting from save after looting Pirik and then fast traveling would cause the cell door to be unable to pry open, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “The Splinter Within” where the skiff could get stuck in plane wrecks.
- World Activities
- Fixed an issue for “Aerial Capture: North” where players with an already broken save file would still not be able to go to the start of the flight path after examining the improvised transmitter, making the activity incompletable.
- Fixed an issue for several “Aerial Captures” where Aloy’s callouts could cut off the recording dialogue.
- Fixed an issue for Cauldron “THETA” where dropping into the Cauldron from the left side of the opening could potentially not trigger the start of the activity, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Relic Ruin “Murmuring Hollow” where restarting from save while holding an energy cell could potentially block progression.
- Fixed an issue where the Stormbird could become idle in the storm cloud when players approached it at a certain timing.
- Fixed an issue for the Specter Gauntlet where the option to craft the upgrade obtained during Side Quest “In His Wake” would still display at some workbenches after crafting.
- Performance and Stability
- Multiple crash/hang fixes.
- Fixes and improvements to frame rate drops.
- Optimization of art assets.
- Fixed an issue for Brimshine where players would not have enough to buy and upgrade everything. One Brimshine Sliver has been added near the entrance of Cauldron “THETA.”
- Fixed multiple issues where players could get stuck in assets and/or geometry or fall out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where skiff locations were available within the range of Zenith Towers while they were still active. Fast traveling to such locations would cause players to be immediately targeted and killed by the Defense Drones.
- Fixed multiple issues with on-screen text and mistranslations.
- Fixes and improvements to audio.
- Fixes and improvements to visuals.
Datapoints, Machines, Skills, UI/UX, and Photo mode have been fixed and stated in detail in the patch notes. Guerrilla Games has already requested all players to continue submitting the problems through their support form.
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores has been entertaining players on PlayStation 5 (PS5) for quite some time now. Fans of the game who have experienced issues will be glad to see the developer’s effort to improve on the players’ experience.
According to https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/05/horizon-forbidden-west-burning-shores-update-1-24-out-now-on-ps5-get-the-patch-notes-here
The material in this article is written on the basis of another article.